Thursday, October 20, 2011

Creative Exhaustion

There are days like today, when I am reminded of why I create art.

A couple of friends came to the studio to start working through the book Surface Treatment Workshop: Explore 45 Mixed-Media Techniques by Darlene Olivia McElroy and Sandra Duran Wilson. I utilized my new Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate.


I did print after print, explored, tried new things, tried old things and had the opportunity to bond a little more with a couple of friends. 


I am now exhausted. But it's that good exhaustion, the one where you know you have used up all your creative energy for the day. I feel fulfilled and satisfied! It's an amazing feeling, and I anticipate sleeping REALLY well tonight! 


Here are some snapshots of what I did today, the first is aluminum foil (I know, right??) the last three are on watercolor paper:






Today, my gratitude is for being called to be an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment