- Painting - you can practice with water colors or acrylics and apply the things you learn to painting on fabrics later!
- Knitting - you can knit small shapes and pieces and incorporate those into your fiber art pieces
- Weaving - What better thing to add to your pieces than fabric you created yourself!
- Sculpture - Get some Sculpy and trying making some three dimensional pieces to use as embellishment on your pieces (add on top of that using some acrylics to paint and decorate your baubles!)
- Beading - Embellish, embellish, embellish!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Exploring Other Artistic Mediums
I love quilting, and it is my technique of choice for my fiber art, hands down! However, I find it necessary to help myself grow as well as to give my creative muse a break to take time to explore other techniques, as well as other mediums.