Tuesday, April 23, 2013

For the Moment...

I'm still here. Spring is still fighting to come into being, much to my disappointment. In fact, we just got 6" of snow last night. (ARRRGH!!) I'm ready for spring/summer. I'm ready for walking around outside in flip flops and capris. I'm ready for open windows and fresh air.



My stress levels have been pretty high lately. It shows in my lack of motivation getting into the studio consistently. I am creating, but slowly. I have also switch to small pieces. Currently I'm sticking to 12" x 12". This is a good and manageable size for me right now. It also means I spend a lot less time hand stitching binding!

I wish life were always easy and calm, but it's not. So, I will have to adapt and work around what the universe throws at me, and try to continue finding my way as an artist.

***I've been fighting off a cold or something, and fell asleep at this point. My waking viewpoint was altered.***

Before I fell asleep, I received the official email rejection from the publisher I had submitted with. (So many lessons learned besides that which I am going to talk about.) I was feeling really badly about myself, my art, my everything (that's how it feels when you're an artist isn't it?) - felt like maybe it was a sign that I'm kidding myself. That I'm not an artist.



When I woke up, I was thinking about a friend. I was putting out good thoughts/vibes for them, and that I hope everything works out. It was one of those, "Wow, I have it really good" moments.

For the moment, I am going to try my best to be content with the fact that those closest to me like and encourage my art. I am going to try and make myself keep going, and build the art career that I want, even though I don't really know how to do it right now. Even if I don't succeed, I know those closest to me that love me, will still be proud of me because I tried.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Why is it 'we' put such pressure on ourselves. Just do your art because you enjoy and want to do it...be proud of what you do...you are doing art! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been venturing into more and more public "display" (for lack of a better term at the moment) of my art and found that for the many who don't "get" my art there are the few that always make my day and discuss my work with me. It was a slow journey to the understanding that my art is not for everyone and that it wasn't a reflection of me personally when they don't "get it." I think I'm in a good place now........ your work is great and I hope you get to that place, too! Good mojo to you.........

    ReplyDelete